The word "tithe" is derived from the Hebrew word ma’aser and it literally means a tenth. Ten percent of everything belongs to the Lord. In Malachi 3:10-11, God says, "Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse that there may be food in my house." The 'storehouse' is the Old Testament picture of the New Testament church. So as New Testament believers, we worship the Lord with the tithe; or the ten percent.
But giving away 10% of your income can be a big--and often frightening--commitment! That's why we created the Three-Month Tithe Challenge: a money-back guarantee of sorts. Essentially, it's a contract based on the promises of God in Malachi 3:10-11. We commit to you that if you tithe for three months and God doesn’t hold true to His promises of blessings, we will refund 100% of your tithe. No questions asked.
God doesn't need our money. He owns everything. But we give first because it takes faith to give first and God wants us to trust Him. He tells us in Proverbs 3:9-10 to "honor the Lord with your wealth, with the first fruits of all your crops and then your barns will be filled with overflowing." We give first and the blessings of God follow.
How to Start:
- Read the terms and complete the registration form. Your three months will begin according to the challenge start date on your registration form.
- Begin Tithing! You can give by check or cash with an envelope.
- Online Giving: You can now give online right from your computer. You can choose to give a one-time gift, or set up a recurring payment directly from your bank account or credit card. It’s easy, quick and convenient. Best of all, its secure and password protected. This feature is part of our online member zone called Infellowship.
- Click the “Give” link at the bottom of our homepage and select the Online giving page. There are links for one time gifts and scheduling gifts.
Terms of the Three-Month Title Challenge
- I understand this form must be completed and received by StoneBridge Church prior to the beginning of the Three-Month Tithe Challenge Period.
- I understand that my household qualifies for participation because I (we) have not been tithing for the last six months.
- I understand any request for refund must be received by the church within 30 days of the end of the Three-Month Tithe Challenge Period.
- I understand my tithe must be paid by check, or by completing an offering envelope so that my tithe can be properly credited.
- I understand I cannot seek a refund prior to the end of the Three-Month Tithe Challenge Period, and that I cannot seek a refund for any contributions made prior to the beginning of the Three-Month Tithe Challenge Period.
- I would like to test God's faithfulness by accepting the Three-Month Tithe Challenge. I agree that for the three-month period, my household will contribute to God, through StoneBridge Church, a tithe equal to 10% of our income. At the end of the three-month period, if I am not convinced of God's faithfulness to bless my life as a result of my obedience to His Word, then I will be entitled to request a refund of the full amount of contributions made during that 90-day period.
If you prefer, click here to download form